I have so much to post for you this week, but I am going to start with my entry for the Just Add Ink Challenge #5 which is all about adding dimension to your projects!
Click here to see the details for this week’s challenge “Just Add Dimension” – and if you haven’t heard about Just Add Ink – it is a challenge and tutorial related blog run by some very talented and enthusiastic Stampin’ Up! Independant Demonstrators – I LOVE IT and am trying my absolute best to enter each challenge.
I have taken a little longer to participate this week, as I had a specific idea in mind and needed a bit of time to formulate an ACTION PLAN! It is my gorgeous friend and neighbour Jo’s birthday tomorrow, and I have a sweet little pack of Earth Elements brads to give her (SU) as a gift, and wanted to package them in a Flower Pot Gift Bag (elaborating on the Flower Pot card thing that is SOOO popular around the blogs).
As I had never made a Flower Pot Card before I needed time to have a wee play
So… here is my dimensional project for this week:
- I have used a combination of Kaleidescope DSP (Summer Mini), Barely Banana, Sage Shadow and one of my faves, Basic Grey. The butterflys are made using my full heart punch (and folding two in half laying them side by side to create “wings” and the littel antennae are from the Butterfly Prints Stamp Set (also Summer Mini)…
- Here is the side view – you can see the little brads container is hanging in there in a cellophane bag, secured at the top.
- And here is the slide out card:
- This lovely sentiment on the slide out card is from the gorgeous Whimsical Words SAB set and although I just couldn’t get it to show in the photographs, there is a lovely happy birthday sentiment on the front of the flowerpot (stamped in green galore and punched in a word window) which is from another SAB set – Happy Moments.
- My next post will be quite a lengthy one, with a few projects from a recent workshop, so be sure to check back soon – Oh and again, log on to Just Add Ink and send the gorgeous entrants some comment love eh?
- Jan x