You might have read or heard about this amazing software from Stampin’ Up! often referred to as MDS, and wondered what all the fuss was about… Well I have been using the software since May and it has definitely earned a place in my crafting repertoire!
So what is it? MDS is a very easy to use Digital Design Software that allows you to design cards, photo books, calendars and so much more. What is even better is that you can do all of this with your favourite Stampin’ Up! colours, stamp sets and DSP! Yes, you can add your favourite images and papers to the software by purchasing very affordable digital downloads! What’s more you don’t have to wait for them to arrive in the Post – just download them to your computer and start using them straight away!
A great way I have found for using MDS is to create a sentiment for a card that I don’t have in my current stamp set collection. I was recently asked to make a Baby’s First Christmas Card. Obviously there is not an SU stamp for this so I created one by combining different stamps in MDS. The card as shown here, is known as a Hybrid card – part digital, part handmade – everything is handmade except for the sentiment itself printed in Stampin’ Up! colours onto Whisper White card stock:
If this interests you, why not download the free trial and have a play with the software? The trial comes with a huge amount of preloaded digital content so you can get creating right away!
Follow these directions (notice my cute purple maple leaf icon?) to create an on-line account with Stampin’ Up! (If you don’t already have one):
1. Got to www.stampinup.com.au and make sure you choose Australia as the country in the top right hand corner.
2. Choose STORE from the Banner underneath the Stampin’ Up! Logo and choose Create Account
3. Enter all your details and be sure to answer Yes when asked if you have a demonstrator as this then gives you access to preferred pricing in the on-line store
4. Search for me (or your demonstrator if you already have one)
5. Yes that’s me!
6. Continue Shopping
7. Now that you are in the on-line store and have an account set up, you can choose to download the trial or to purchase the software outright (for the bargain price of $24.95!!! First choose My Digital Studio from the Menu Bar at the Left. I am showing you how to purchase the free trial but of course if you are going straight for the software, the steps are the same 🙂
8. Click on the MDS icon to add the trial to your basket
9. Yes! Add it to your bag
10. What I love about this shopping basket screen is that it reminds you of any special offers available from Stampin’ Up! at the moment
11. Submit your order… How exciting!
12. Head to your download Manager to start your download
13. Go to your Downloads Tab (it should be open already), choose your operating system and choose to Download for My Digital Studio
14.Start Your Download!!!!
15. Choose where you would like to save it and make a note of the location as you will need to open and click on it to activate once it is downloaded
16. Once you have had a little play with the software, browse the available digital downloads (including freebies) here – choose Digital Downloads from the Left Menu Bar
17. And browse by the newest downloads, by type or by occasion
18. You can’t go past www.mydigitalstudio.net when it comes to learning how to use MDS – it has a wealth of videos (youtube has a tonne also) where you can teach yourself step by step to use the software, but if you have ever used a photobook website you will notice a similarity.
Have Fun and keep an eye out for future blog posts featuring great MDS hybrid projects!