I posted this card on my socials yesterday and thought I’d share a step by step on how it came together. It features the Sweetest Time Bundle from Stampin’ Up!, along with the Stitched Nested Label Dies and the Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set for the sentiment. I trimmed my envelope with the Feels Like Frost Designer Series Paper.
- I started by “smooshing” my Blushing Bride, Gorgeous Grape and Melon Mambo ink pads onto a slick surface (I use a laminated A3 Sheet).
- I used my Stampin’ Spritz and spritzed liberally with water, and then pounced my water colour card stock into the ink until I was happy with the colour mix (taking care to leave some white space).
- I dried off with my heat tool.
- I adhered to the backing sheet from a DSP pack to create a stronger panel and trimmed to size.
- I placed the panels under my largest clear blocks to flatten them out.
- Once flat, I spritzed with a mixture of rubbing alcohol, Night of Navy re-inker and a few drops of Champagne Shimmer Mist.
- I placed the largest die from the Sweetest Border Dies towards the right side of my panel and ran it through my die cutting machine.
- Using my Take Your Pick Tool, I separated all the pieces from the main panel. I saved these to be used as embellishments later.
- I adhered my border panel to a panel of silver card that I had in my stash (you could use the Silver Foil Sheets for a similar look) and then added to a card base of Whisper White Thick card stock.
- Using the Stamparatus, I stamped the candles in Gorgeous Grape Ink onto regular Whisper White card stock. You could use clear blocks to stamp the candles, but I found I needed a few goes to get a good crisp image and the Stamparatus is perfect for this.
- I fussy cut the candles with my Paper Snips. There is no cutting die for the candle “flames” so I stamped on the back of some Silver Glimmer Paper and fussy cut the shape for each candle.
- I stamped my sentiment onto Whisper White card stock in Versamark Ink and heat embossed it with my Heat Tool and Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder. I used the Stitched Nested Label Dies to cut out my sentiment and my Paper Trimmer to cut off one end.
- I snipped a strip of glimmer paper from the negative of the In the Woods Tree Die to use as “icicles” on my sentiment and added the label to the top of my card.
- I assembled and attached the candles using Dimensionals.
- I added the “flames” with Tombow Multi Purpose Liquid Glue.
- I layered the leaves and a selection of the pieces cut from the border die securing them into place with glue dots and Tombow.
I hope you enjoyed this project. I’ve linked to all the products I’ve used in the steps above, or you can visit my online store here. If you’d like to place an order or have any questions about any of the Stampin’ Up! products I’ve used, I’d be happy to help you, send me a message via my socials or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for spending time with me today, hope to see you again soon.
Crafting Favourites – Tools and Adhesives